Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Heritage Doll

My class participated in a heritage presentation week. Each student shared a report and a doll to the class. The heritage reports of my classmates were very interesting to learn about. I liked learning about what they ate, drank, wore, and what their flags were. The heritage dolls of my classmates were creatively made. The dolls represented the people from where the student were from. Some of the materials my friends used to make their dolls were felt, fabric, paper towel rolls, yarn, and string.

My doll was about India. First, we shopped around our house to find the body parts of the doll. We found a water bottle, a nerd's packet, an Easter egg, and wires. Next, we taped the parts together to form a doll structure. Then, we papermached the structure of the doll to add muscles and skin. After that, we painted the doll with peach color. We made the dress by using a pink piece of ribbon. Then we added stick figure designs to the fabric using a black sharpie and using golden paint, we made polka-dots on the ribbon. Then we stitched the ribbon to make a fluffed up traditional dress called a langa. Next, we made jewellery using my mom's stones. Using hot glue, we sticked jewels on the dress. I even got some hot glue on my leg! Then we used some yarn to make the hair. After I glued the hair on, I used a piece of streamer to tie the hair. I painted the eyes, nose and mouth on the doll's face. That is how I made my heritage doll.

It was fun to make.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff putti, Did you name the doll ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Krupa..Would love to see it someday :).. by the way, belated birthday wishes, Krupa from all of us!! Hope u had a nice b-day.

    ReplyDelete