Saturday, June 2, 2012

The sea of monsters

By Rick Riordan

T

he Sea of monsters is a fantasy book with 20 chapters.In this book a boy named Percy Jackson and a girl named Annabeth chase are going on an adventure to find the golden fleece for the sick tree of Thalia. In their quest they fight a cyclops named Polyphemus.Not only did Percy go to get the magic fleece but also to get his friend named Grover who was half human and half goat.

Main characters of the story are Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. Annabeth is a half blood just like Percy. She is brave,sly and intelligent . Her mother is Athena goddess of knowledge.Percy is strong and brave.His dad is Poseidon god of the sea.

I did not like Clarissa, because she is bossy and mean.I like Annabeth because she  is brave and bold.

I loved this book because the story is kind of related to Greek mythology  and i love reading Greek mythology.

16 comments:

  1. Nice Review Krupa. Makes me want to read this book and i love Greek mythology too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krupa, would love to hear the full story of this book once you are here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Krupa, that sounds like a fascinating story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krupa..I will check the library or get a copy from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krupa... Nice review!!! I myself have read the series too!! I love Greek mythology too. Clarisse is mean I agree, but she has tremendous power that she gets from her dad Ares!!! I hope u like the other books too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashna ! My mom also likes greek mythology.Does your mom like it too?Thanks for lending me the book

      Delete
  6. Wonderful review! I love that you called Annabeth "brave and bold". Those are EXACTLY the right words to describe her. Greek mythology is awesome, I totally agree. Who's your favorite Greek god? Did you know that Athena is Wonder Woman's mom? DO you think that Annabeth may be Wonder Woman? Please advise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Evan. My favorite Greek god is Posidon because I love dolphins and he rules the sea.
      I have not read DC Comics.So i do not know much about Wonder Woman. I will read Wonder Woman series and will let you know if Annabeth and Wonder Woman are same.

      Delete
  7. Krupa... You will LOVE the next books and the other series related to this one!!! Such as the KANE CHORONICLES,THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS and THE DEMIGOD DIARIES.These are all by the same author too!!! i hav not read the demigod diaries yet, but i am looking forward to reading them. if you get a little glimpse at one of the boos, please let me know!
    ~Ashna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krupa. I love the series as well! i Know that the way you describe the book, that You looooooooooooovvvvvveee them! I think You Might like These Series too!: THE KANE CHORONICLES,THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS and THE DEMIGOD DIARIES. I have not read the demigod diaries yet, But If you get a glimpse at one of the books, please let me Know.
    ~Ashna

    ReplyDelete