Sunday, September 9, 2012

My 2012 Summer Vacation

I did a lot of super cool fun things. But, I also did a lot of boring things. So, here is a scoop of it.

"83 days of summer vacation
Then school comes along to end it
So the annual problem for me and Kruthi
Is finding the best way to spend it."

- Adapted from Phineas and Ferb

I went for lot of classes during my summer vacation. My most least liked class was Kumon. It is a very bad class !!!. You know why ? They expect you to know how to do it, without teaching you.

I also learnt "Madhubani" art. It is a folk art from a place in India called Bihar.

Swimming was my most favorite class. I learned some styles like back stroke, side glide, ketchup style and free style.

Writers workshop is in the middle of my likings. I learned how to write limerick. Limericks are hilarious and follow a pattern. First,Second and Fifth lines rhyme and Third, Fourth lines rhyme.

A young man from Dublin
Caught a train to Rublin
The sign said "NO SPITTING ON THE FLOOR"
So he spit on the very yucky door
Then he said "YAY FOR DUBLIN"

- Krupa Atreyas Sudheendra

I love to read books. During my summer vacation, I read a lot of books. I finished "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series by Rick Riordan and started new "Pandora" series by Carolyn Hennesy. I also started this blog. I saw lot of movies like "Jumanji", "Brave", "Ice Age 1", "Ice Age Continental Drift" , "Harry Potter series", "King Tut" and "Finding Nemo".



Santa's Village was one of the outings with friends and family. We had a lot of fun going on rides, picking and petting cute and soft little birdies at the Aviary. We also went to Willmett beach to celebrate Father's day. We had a lot of fun collecting shells and rocks on the shore. We found a dollar bill. We had a nice picnic after playing in the water. Later we went to Bahai temple.



I also went to California to welcome my baby cousin to the world. My baby cousin's name is "Aahana Rao". She is so adorable. She was born on August 1st at Los Rebels hospital. Me and Kruthi both enjoyed playing with her.



I went to Point Mugu beach. Scenic route to the beach was very good. I collected a lot of big, round and nice rocks. We played in the water and sand. The tides were so high that they knocked me down and i drank salt water Ewwwwwww...I went up the very steep sand dune with my uncle and on the way back, I flipped, tumbled and rolled down. Sand went into my ears, in my hair and the yuckiest part into my mouth.
We also went to Santa Monica beach, This was really really crowded. I saw a man with the snake and asked if could hold it as well...he said yes and i had the snake around my neck. It was really reptylish. The funniest part was when my mom freaked out looking at the pictures of me with the snake. We went on Ferris wheel and saw the beach high up from the sky.



We ended our summer vacation with a magical time in Disney land. It was fun. We had a good time there. We met a few princesses and went on a few rides. My favorite was watching parade. Parade started with Mickey and Minnie followed by Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Then came Aladdin and Genie. They both said "Hi" to me and blew me a kiss. Funky Banana man was dancing like crazy. Princess Aeriel came next, Kruthi was very excited and started calling out for Aeriel. Next came Donald duck in a fiesta hat followed by Rapunzel, Aurora, Snow white, Bell and Cinderella...They all looked very very pretty !!!. Lion king and people on stilts followed the princesses. Princess Tiana, Tinker bell and Peter pan , Captain hook and Mr. Smee followed the parade. Finally came Mary Poppins with my favorite song.

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Even though the sound of it
Is something quite atrosicous!
If you say it loud enough you'll
always sound precocious"

-Disney

10 comments:

  1. Hi Krupa! I love your blog! It is so wonderful to hear about your summer activities. We should work on getting the students in 2S to post to our class blog! -Miss Stith :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are absolutely right Miss Stith and thank you for liking my blog

      Delete
  2. Fantastic writing puttana !!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krupa sweetheart, this is awesome stuff, great writing and super cool paintings..thanks for all the pictures and comments..love you loads:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for posting all pictures, Krupa.. glad you enjoyed your summer vacation.. I enjoyed reading your blog.. keep writing, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gaya auntie I hope you read and like my blog

      Delete
  5. Finally, got to read this post Krupa. I think we had a great summer this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Ipsa remember when Kruthi poked the bird!








    ReplyDelete